Thursday, December 6

Out of Sight

Despite my cold, I've been busy doing my 'homework' for the upcoming holiday; looking through several travel agencies and classifieds for the perfect package. It was not as easy as it seems. Comparing one place to the other, the itineries that they offer and the budget. Reminds me of the london summer school pamphlet I have stashed in one corner of my desk. I am hoping to go there for that three weeks course on my second or third year. That trip will cost a bomb and through my estimation, at least fivek. I'll prepare myself for that when the time comes.

I've been fascinated about travelling out of Singapore just recently. Maybe I got bored with the sceneries that we have here. Limited travel options locally; be it sentosa, the zoo, night safari, jurong bird park. Lets just say, I've been there and done that, too many times already. Though I must say kudos to them for trying to improve and upgrade Singapore to be yet another hotspot for tourism in asia but still our space is so restricted. Apart from the blooming of shopping centres islandwide like mushrooms, I have no further complains. Although the outlets are almost the same whether its at causeway point or tampines mall, I hope for something different to happen. The prospect of H&M at ion is a good start and I'm suggesting Macy*s next. I'm starting to love departmental stores.

See, no matter how I tried to distract myself from shopping, I'll always talk about it later. It doesn't help that I am frequently checking out my favourite brands on their site for new arrivals or upcoming designs. Slap me with a bigger matchstick. On the contrary, school is really getting mundane. Apart from getting an A for intro econs test (which I did last minute revising), it has been a routine. I cannot live without my scientific calculator and I am thinking of ways how to survive the exams without one. Hopefully they test out in small real numbers and nothing too mind torturing with neverending decimals. I don't have to worry about that for accounts, should I? So far I've never encountered such cases where by I need to balance my balance sheet in decimals.


the funny colored paper

I really find econs challenging cause I'm not a graph person. I love numbers and calculations. Memorizing theories has become second nature since the banking and finance module I've taken is more of a memory work. I'm learning to read the business times section more dilligently now and trying to piece out what's been happening out there in the finance world. Trust me, the process of figuring things out is slow. In the end, it gives me a major headache.

No comments: