Thursday, September 20

Making My Way

"Those who believed and led a righteous life,
are the best creatures".
The Quran [98:7]

I am seriously wondering about the amazing human body I am in. Not only it can tolerates the late night assignment, the almost daily classes, the never-ending paperwork at work and to top it all off the house chores. My soul has been constantly in repeat of quitting and takin a break from all these humdrum, but my body is so persistent as if it sings in melancholy. My social schedule is zilch at the moment. I haven't been meeting my friends that often yet. All I'm doing now, which is the main reason for my absence here is all because of me. Me going to school, me going for appointments, me going for study group, me going for work, me going for tuitions.. you get the flow. But I suppose that's what we have to do: putting ourselves right before we start caring about others. I can't wait for the time that I'll reach my englightment point and starts enjoying my company with others. In the meantime, here I am alone doing my own thing.

Despite these, I appreciate the gestures that I get from strangers or you call it passer-bys. Everyday I will meet the bangla worker who gives salams, the ah pek who sits at the void deck sipping coffee with a grin, the nyonya who do her tai chi and wave and the auntie who always compliments on how pretty I've become. Small gestures but all the same add more spices to my already mundane routine.

Too late, but Selamat Berpuasa everyone. Hopefully this month will be a great one for all of us. For those who wish to review some of my photos at multiply, I'm sorry cause some albums are not for public view. You can still view it if you're a multiply user.

No comments: