Wednesday, July 25

4 in the morning

"Tell your secrets to the wind,
but don't blame it for telling the trees".
by Khalil Gibran

I was supposed to wake up that early as above to send off my aunt (mak uda) at the airport. Her flight was at 6am and she will be going to Taiwan for a short break before heading home to London. I overslept. The moment I wake up, I managed to call and bid goodbye. At least the very best I can do (and also to kirim goodies back there). My other aunt (mak anjang) scolded me for my negligence as she called it. I met up with her soon, after much persuasion.

It was still 9am and I yawned my way to macdonalds at Whitesands. Had some big breakfast over a cup of cappucino to perk up my mood. I nearly spat a bit of coffee when I heard that atuk will be going to London with the aunt next monday. I'm sure my mum will nag badly if she hears this particular news, as the grandad is still not well enough. However my atuk is a hard willed person, in other terms stubborn. He has been mentioning about visiting my aunt's new house at Ferrington ever since she moved. On the contrary, I feel good about this. Let the old man see the world and if it's meant to be his last trip nauzubillah, he'll be happy leaving.

Ok, let's not dwell into this nasty negative thought. My aunt and I head down to town after the breakfast, just so that I can shop for my stationaries. I had a craze for felt prints notebooks, which Popular don't stocked up yet. We walked all the way to Ngee Ann City's Kinokuniya and that was where the suprise embarassing moment happened. We met Rima Melati. I don't usually go up to celebrities and ask them for their autographs or photo taking. There's always hesitation. So, I let the moment passed and acted as if she was not there but she's there. Until my aunt confronted her and simply said: "Hi, you are Rima Melati? My nephew would love to take a photo with you". I flushed, big time. Luckily she's very friendly and we talked a while before I ended congratulating her on her newborn. By the way, she's very tall.


never been so paisey before

Then we gone (window) shopping. We went to the priciest Paragon, as aunt was hoping to try out this pants at Marks and Spencer while the nephew simply willing to check out Banana Republic. The only time I purchased items there was for my perfume and a tog from CK. Aunt was fussy over the feel of the pants and kept on questioning me whether she looks fat with the pants or not. Being the nephew that I am, I be truthful and honest but at the same time I assured her that she looks good, no matter what. It's not about the physique people, it's all about inner beauty. For those that spread rumours that I picked on friends, that is oh so not true. Rest assured I befriend all measurements, no less. The ways people tried to get to you.


$400 a pant? ermm..


aunt called it: the mentel face. hardly. haha.

We were famished after all the walking. My stomach made a melodious growling and I know it's time for lunch. I've been wanting to introduce ayam bakar ojolali to my aunt and she agreed instantly. The name itself send us salivating and licking our fingers. As usual I bought the signature dish and aunt swapped it with the grilled pomfret fish. I'm glad she enjoys the food there and the next time we went there, we'll try to bring atuk along. He'll love the sambal belacan!


tantalising indeed.


the urap ikan asin, taste as good.

It was a great day to spend with the aunt. Hearing out what she has to say, comfort her in ways that I can and just be there when she needs a listening ear. Maybe this weekend there will be another gathering before the grandad fly off to London. Sadly this time around, I will not be able to send him off at the airport. I'm dreading school to start. Three more days. What other choices do I have?

No comments: